Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review: The Dip by Seth Godin



The Dip is a book about quitting or not quitting depending on where you lie. I am not quite sure what significant I got out of the book. The part where he explained why you should be the best and how there are disproportional rewards for being number one was really good. So was the part where the difference between active perseverance and passive sufferer was highlighted. But all else was very generic. The fact that you should quit when it is right time rather than keep on hanging or similar stuff about when you should be perseverant – I mean we know all these stuff already, dont we? There are few good pointers about when you shouldn’t quit – when long term seems better than short term. I believe I expected more out of the book – something thought provoking. Maybe that’s what happens when marketing writer tries to venture into behavior psychology with few of his observations. But probably my views are so because I went through the abridged version and that too an audiobook. I recommend you can give this book a skip.

No comments:

Post a Comment