(Imported from my earlier blog)
-->Identify the authors or atleast one of the authors.
-->Identify the logo. What is the controversy attached with this?
Quizmaster : Avinash Mudaliar
3 teams were selected through online prelims for the quiz. So the on-venue prelims was comparatively a lot easier. The finals was very interesting. It will be posted soon.
1. The National Herald and its Urdu edition Quami Awaz was started in Lucknow on September 9, 1938. The paper was recently shut down due to running into losses for several years due to overstaffing, mainly non journalists and in the press, and lack of advertisements after 70 years of operations. Who is the founder?
2. Which are the only 2 teams to make profits in the Indian Premier League?
3. It is a science concerned with the ‘fit’ between people and their work. It takes account of the worker's capabilities and limitations in seeking to ensure that tasks, equipment, information and the environment suit each worker. What?
4. Who invented and has the patent for the present size and shape of mobile sim card?
5. To focus on three “I”s —Inflation, Internal security and Incompetence, Lintas and Graphic Arts were called to propose plan for the campaign. What for and for whom?
6. It was the brain child of seven semi-literate Gujarati housewives from Bombay. The women lived in Lohana Niwas, a group of five buildings in Girgaum. They wanted to start a venture to create a sustainable livelihood using the only skill they had i.e. cooking. What?
7. In marketing lingo, what are “low-hanging fruits”?
8. Founded by Anil Moolchandani in 1979 starting out from a basement in Delhi's Daryaganj area, it initially sold posters and song books containing lyrics of hits from groups such as ABBA, Beatles and BoneyM. The company's signature product - greeting cards, were introduced in 1980. What?
9. It is a portmanteau of two places. However it does not exist as a real physical place. Though some think the term is derogatory. What?
10. It was launched in 1993 by Dr. Simon King, a British researcher at the University of Minnesota and Dr Badri Seshadri. It grew thanks to the help of students and researchers at universities around the world. It initially operated as a volunteer-based collective, and started life as a simple IRC bot. It was soon made available via Gopher as well, and with the advent of the Mosaic web browser in April 1993 became one of the earliest content web sites on the Internet.
11. Who is the director of Matoshree Realtors which was in a controversy recently?
12. It is credited with pioneering several products in India. These include Cross- Laminated Films, HMHD Films, Multilayer Films, SWR Piping Systems, PP Mats and more. It is the country's largest plastics processors. What?
13. It began with a posting titled "Those Eyes", on the subject of actresses with beautiful eyes. Hank Driskill began to collect a list of attractive actresses and what movies they had appeared in, and as the size of the repeated posting grew far beyond a normal newsgroup article, it soon became known simply as "THE LIST". Acquired by amazon.com in 1998. What?
14. It was founded by Bruce Henderson in 1963 and now has 66 offices in 38 countries. It prides itself with the first eSOP. Which company?
15. The patent for 1-click system was given to this company in September, 1999. It licensed this technique to one more website. Name the two.
16. Because of the personal nature of the communications between individuals, it is believed that product information communicated in this way has an added layer of credibility. It is believed to be the oldest form of marketing. What?
17. Who is the biggest supplier of files and folder to Delhi High Court?
18. The idea came to a 32-year old printer while waiting for the stagecoach on the London Road at Kibworth. He founded the company in 1841. Which company?
19. The company was founded on September 22, 2004 by Bram Cohen and Ashwin Navin, its Chief Scientist and President respectively. Identify the web based company.
Identify the advertiser.
Identify the advertiser.
Please do reply in comments. Answers will be posted within few days.